I had been watching Damsel in Defense since their launch in September 2011, and kick myself for not joining then, but I did join in 2014 because my passion for security, self protection, and protection of my loved ones had grown.
1. Tell me how you got involved in your business?
2. What does a typical day look like as in the like of someone who runs their own business?
A typical day running my own business goes like this: Once everyone is out the door and I have my Me time, I sit down with my planner and begin working on whatever I have scheduled that day. It could be from emails and phone calls or texts to follow up with clients, to mailing out catalogs or orders and answering questions. I usually spend about 2 hours a day on my business.
3 What attributes does someone need to have in order to be really successful in this position?
For someone to be successful as a Damsel Pro, they would need to know how to use our products and carry them with them. They would need to be knowledgable about our products and have a love of personal safety. They would also need to have good customer service and a heart to serve.
4. What are the biggest challenges that someone in this position would face?
Not everyone believes they need these products or they conceal carry and feel these products are not necessary.
5. What did you do before you started your business? I have done a lot of things, I worked in the medical field for years, was a Realtor and in the past 10 years a stay at home mom, a home schooling mom, and also was part of different direct sales companies.
6. Please tell us about your business, the products you offer? We offer many products, stun guns, pepper sprays, concealed carry handbags, products for children to understand “tricky friends” and hopefully prevent child sexual abuse. We also have alarms and other products to keep everyone safe!
7. What is your favorite part about working from home? Not being a slave to a schedule. I can make my own hours.
8. What can you tell me about your new products or plans for growth? We have new products come out every year, the big time is in the summer during convention. I would love to grow my team and bring everyone I can onboard for this mission.
9. What do you feel is your greatest sales accomplishment and when/why did it happen? Most recently, I had a friend host a part to collect pepper sprays and sock it to me kubatons for homeless women veterans. Her goal was exceeded more than we had imagined. THAT is a great accomplishment….get those women protected against predators.
10. How do you balance client expectations versus real expectations? How do you handle it when they are too high? You have to be upfront and very clear with your expectations of your hostess and what she needs to do to have a successful party. You have to be honest with them if their expectations are too high.
11. Pretend I’m a prospect and give me an example of a pitch of a product or service you are selling. Hi Renee, I partner with a company that equips, educates and empowers with self protection knowledge and tools. I would love to take some time to explain and show them to you and your friends, it’ll be about an hour. Would you be interested in doing that?
12. How do you keep up to date on your target market? First, by knowing my target market. Knowing what they are interested in and want is essential. Offer products and services that they have an interest in, or spark that interest.
13. Tell Us about your company, how it started, products you offer. It started in September 2011 buy 2 friends who had a passion for women’s safety. We offer, stun guns, pepper sprays, personal alarms, products for safety if your car breaks down, books for children, concealed carry purses and more.
14. What is the best seller of your products? Sock it to me kubatons and concealed carry purses.
15. How do you feel your product or services can benefit others? I believe 100% that our products and service can and has protected women from becoming victims of crimes.
16. What are some of your favorite questions to ask a potential client or customer? How do you protect your family and loved ones from becoming victims of crimes?
17. What roll does Social media play in your selling process? Social media is a big part of my selling process…it extends my reach all over the country, to family and friends who live in other states. It makes it possible and easier to get my products into the hands of others through online order usually done through a social media type party.
18. How do you handle irate clients/customers? By finding the root of the problem and trying to diffuse the anger anyway I can.
19. Whats worse not reaching a goal every month or not having happy customers? Not having happy customers
20. If you were a potential client/customer what would you want to hear about your business, products or services. I would want to know the simplicity of everything. Would I be able to use these products myself or run a business like this?
21. Do you have a website? if so please post it
22. Do you have photos of products so others can view what you offer?
23. Please tell us anything you feel is important for others to know about your business or services. Feel free to share any information that might would help others decide to join you or purchase from you. Our owners love their mission and give it their all. We give to communities and other charities monthly, to enable others’ safety. They provide top quality training and are very good to their PROs. It is really something to be a part of.
24. How can someone contact you if they are interested in a service or product you offer? Facebook, firstname.lastname@example.org, my website. 702-521-6262
25. Is there anything else you would like to add about your business, services or products? There is still plenty of time and room for one to become part of this wonderful mission.