Tell me how you got involved in your business?Dana’s Jewelry and Gifts was started while in an adverse situation. My children and I were homeless living in a domestic violence safehouse. We started by getting a business license and building our website and acquiring products.
2. What does a typical day look like as in the like of someone who runs their own business?
My typical day is adding new products, vendors and handling customer service issues. I also manage 180 affiliates and process and ship all orders. I also place ads to gain new customers and affiliates.
3 What attributes does someone need to have in order to be really successful in this position?
To be successful in business you have to be self motivated, never give up and realize success does not come instantly it is a process.
4. What are the biggest challenges that someone in this position would face? The biggest challenges are learning what type of products are needed for the customers and financing the business expenses.
5. What did you do before you started your business? Before I started my business I worked as a Medical Unit Secretary and as a Call Center Manager.
6. Please tell us about your business, the products you offer?
Dana’s Jewelry and Gifts offers inspirational products, fine and fashion jewelry, handbags, religious items, and essential and fragrance oils. There are based on customer request a men’s line being added along with baby items/toys
7. What is your favorite part about working from home?
I enjoy the commute from my bedroom to my home office. I also enjoy being able to be there for my children when they have important activities. And also this enables me to attend church more often.
8. What can you tell me about your new products or plans for growth?
My newest products are snacks which have become very popular. I plan on opening a storefront locally and also opening an app on Apple and Android.
9. What do you feel is your greatest sales accomplishment and when/why did it happen?
My greatest sales accomplishment is when I sold popcorn bags for a surprise birthday party. This was a very large order and the kids loved it!
10. How do you balance client expectations versus real expectations? How do you handle it when they are too high?
I always let my customers know what is happening with their order step by step as it is happening. If the expectations are too high I deal with that on a case by case basis.
11. Pretend I’m a prospect and give me an example of a pitch of a product or service you are selling.
We have inspiring gifts, faith based gifts and excellent customer service with free gifts with every order.
12. How do you keep up to date on your target market?
I pay attention to trends and get updates from my vendors on things that are popular.
13. Tell Us about your company, how it started, products you offer.
We have everything from popcorn, apparel, and handbags to beautiful jewelry, and awareness items. Something for every person and every price range.
14. What is the best seller of your products?
Best sellers most recently have been the mugs and Bible covers.
15. How do you feel your product or services can benefit others?
Our products are top quality at reasonable prices. Beneficial in allowing my customers to find that ‘just right’ gift for everyone special in their lives.
16. What are some of your favorite questions to ask a potential client or customer?
One of my favorite questions is what is your favorite childhood memory and favorite color?
17. What roll does Social media play in your selling process?
Social media is a big part of my business success such as Facebook and Instagram.
18. How do you handle irate clients/customers?
I remain professional and thoroughly investigate the issue and then deescalate the situation. Customer service is of the utmost importance.
19. Whats worse not reaching a goal every month or not having happy customers? Goals can be reevaluated but a customer can be lost permanently. I strive for happy customers always
20. If you were a potential client/customer what would you want to hear about your business, products or services.
The products were wonderful and I will shop again.
21. Do you have a website? if so please post it
22. Do you have photos of products so others can view what you offer?
23. Please tell us anything you feel is important for others to know about your business or services. Feel fre to share any information that might would help others decide to join you or purchase from you.
We partner with you to help you get the products you would like. Our customer service is rated as excellent by our customers and affiliates. We also are a company that gives back. Portions of our profits benefit St. Jude and Glove Box Ministry. We have fast shipping and a free gift in every order. Sales every month! We also pay you to refer people! You can become an affiliate for free and earn 25% commission when your friends and family shop.
24. How can someone contact you if they are interested in a service or product you offer?
25. Is there anything else you would like to add about your business, services or products?
I would like to be your gift lady. I look forward to sending a package to your home soon!