1. Tell me how you got involved in your business?
I became involved with Thirty One gift several years when I started purchasing several of their products after attending several in home parties.
2. What does a typical day look like as in the like of someone who runs their own business?
A typical day, well no day is typical. I usually focus on one aspect of the my business each day. For example one day is following up with people I have spoken with, while another day may be searching for no events to attend.
3 What attributes does someone need to have in order to be really successful in this position?
You need to be able to do many things at one time and not be overwhelmed.
4. What are the biggest challenges that someone in this position would face?
The main challenges are finding enough time in the day to do a full time job in addition to working my business.
5. What did you do before you started your business?
I have always worked full time before and I continue to work full time in addition to my business and family obligations.
6. Please tell us about your business, the products you offer?
Thirty-One Gifts is a direct sales company that specializes in monogrammed hand totes, lunch bags and other carryall products.–
7. What is your favorite part about working from home?
I enjoy the flexibility.
8. What can you tell me about your new products or plans for growth?
Thirty One changes their catalog twice a year which is when they introduce new products.
9. What do you feel is your greatest sales accomplishment and when/why did it happen?
I had only been a consultant with Thirty One a couple of months when I did a fundraiser for the agency that I work for. THe fundraiser was over $1200 in sales.
10. How do you balance client expectations versus real expectations? How do you handle it when they are too high?
Luckily Thirty One has a system on the website that allows people to preview any personalization that they do to a product so that they can see what it looks like before they purchase it. If they aren’t satisfied after they purchase I help them return or exchange it.
11. Pretend I’m a prospect and give me an example of a pitch of a product or service you are selling.
12. How do you keep up to date on your target market?
I attend training on line and at our yearly conference
13. Tell Us about your company, how it started, products you offer.
According to the company’s website: Cindy Monroe founded Thirty-One Gifts in 2003 with one simple goal in mind – to help women by giving them the opportunity to run their own successful business. That goal remains our No. 1 priority today.
Not only do our fashionable, functional products make life easier – they also help independent business owners across the country support their families and reach their dreams.
We all have a “why” – a reason for doing the things we do. Maybe yours is family. Friends. Faith. Flexibility. Maybe it’s just having fun.
14. What is the best seller of your products?
Large Utility Totes.
15. How do you feel your product or services can benefit others?
It empowers women to become independent business owners.
16. What are some of your favorite questions to ask a potential client or customer?
If they like the product enough to earn money from partying.
17. What roll does Social media play in your selling process?
Social media is a daily aspect of my business, whether it be posting in my VIP group or looking for events to attend.
18. How do you handle irate clients/customers?
Listen to what they have to say and try to offer a solution to their concern.
19. Whats worse not reaching a goal every month or not having happy customers?
Not happy customers talk to people and can cause you to lose more customers.
20. If you were a potential client/customer what would you want to hear about your business, products or services.
The opportunity for the business and the history of the product.
21. Do you have a website? if so please post it
22. Do you have photos of products so others can view what you offer?
23. Please tell us anything you feel is important for others to know about your business or services. Feel fre to share any information that might would help others decide to join you or purchase from you.
24. How can someone contact you if they are interested in a service or product you offer?
25. Is there anything else you would like to add about your business, services or products?