1. Tell me how you got involved in your business?
I needed a business that I could do mostly from home and did not want a company that had thousands and thousands of representatives. When I was at a craft show a few years ago, I remember a lady that was demonstrating the makeup Eraser and decided to check out that company. It met the pre-qualifications I was looking for, so I joined less than a month ago.
2. What does a typical day look like as in the like of someone who runs their own business.
After getting my husband off to work, I have “me time” which is when I have another cup of coffee and either read a chapter in a motivational book or listen to an mp3; then I look at the schedule for my day that I had done the evening before and get started. I list my housework and allot time spaces for that as well as times for all of my daily business activities, such as times to make calls, times to post on groups, time to socialize on facebook (such as reading and reacting to friends posts), times to do emails. If it needs to be done, it is on my schedule. In the evening is when conference calls and some other trainings are held, so they are in the schedule as well. I end my day doing my schedule for the next day.
I even allot myself time each day to socialize with the neighbors and have coffee on the porch.
3. What attributes does someone need to have in order to be really successful in this position?
Consistency is a must…you must be consistent in doing the activities that will help grow your business
Perseverance…things do not always go as planned
Patient as it takes time to achieve some goals
Friendly as this is a people business…you will be in contact with people every day
Motivated as there will be days that you just want to stay in bed! LOL!
and you need to be who YOU truly are…that is the person people want to get to know
4. What are the biggest challenges that someone in this position would face?
My biggest challenge when I first started in direct sales was learning that NO is not personal and in fact may mean “No not now, but maybe later”. I had to overcome the fear of talking with people on the phone and learn to be consistent and stay motivated…it takes everyone different times to achieve their goals and it may take me longer than Jane Doe…I had to learn not to compare myself with others situations as my growth will be different but will happen if I remain committed and do the tasks necessary.
5. What did you do before you started your business?
First of all, I am a mother and now a stay at home grandmother (I babysit 3 days a week) I was a nurse for 20+ years, then do to problems with my back, was a corrections officer for a year (did not like it), an assistant manager and then a manager. I have also tried several direct sales companies in the past and have brought past experience from them into my current business.
6. Please tell us about your business, the products you offer?
I am a brand representative with MakeUp Eraser. We have the make-up eraser (in fact several different styles now) which you use with just plain water to remove your makeup…even waterproof makeup. We also have our Soapy Bliss bath and body line, our Pozz’d skin care line and our Ample cosmetic line.
7. What is your favorite part about working from home?
I determine my schedule and what I will wear while working. I love my working environment because there are days that music is a must! And when winter comes here in western Pennsylvania, I do not have to leave the house but can still make money!
8. What can you tell me about your new products or plans for growth?
Makeup eraser used to be just the makeup eraser but in April I believe, they added the bath and body line, skincare and the cosmetic line. We have less than 3000 representatives so I see major growth to come for the company.
9. What do you feel is your greatest sales achievement and when/why did it happen.
That happened when I was with another company. I had been with the company for a little less than a year and I was invited to speak at national conference as one of the top new managers. I was very nervous but found that I do have a knack for public speaking.
10. How do you balance client expectations versus real expectations? How do you handle it when they are too high?
I first talk to the client to find out what product(s) would best fit their needs and then explain the benefits of each to them and let them decide. If a product does not meet their expectations, then I will suggest trying a different product in exchange or refund their money according the the refund guidelines. If their expectations are too high, then I admit that we may not have the product they are looking for.
11. Pretend I’m a prospect and give me an example of a pitch of a product or service you are selling.
Picture this…it has been a hectic day and your bed has been calling you for the last half hour. How would you like to be able to remove that waterproof makeup with just water? Well it is possible with Makeup Eraser! Just wet the cloth and remove your makeup with circular motions. It is machine washable and lasts over 1000 washes. It also makes a great gift!
12. How do you keep up to date on your target market?
I check out the latest trends in makeup and try to incorporate that at times in my 30 second infomercial.
13. Tell us about your company how it started and products you offer
Makeup Eraser was founded in 2012 by Daniel & Elexsis McCarthy. The company is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. They have launched over 50 new products and have grown over 200%. The makeup Eraser was recently showcased on The View. We have several colors/styles of the original makeup eraser and also have a bath and body line, skin care line as well as a cosmetic line.
14. What is the best seller of your products?
The Makeup Eraser
15. How do you feel your product or services can benefit others?
I feel our product benefits everyone because it is a quicker and easier way to remove make-up, including Halloween make-up, stage make-up, etc.
16. What are some of your favorite questions to ask a potential client or customer?
How do you currently remove your make-up?
Do you use your bath time as your “me” time?
What is important to you in regards to skincare?
Do you have any upcoming birthdays or other celebrations you need to buy gifts for?
17. What role does Social media play in your selling process?
Since I no longer drive and can do events only in the 3 towns around me, social media is now about 80% of the way I market my business.
18. How do you handle irate clients/customers?
I try to find out what they are unhappy about and try to resolve the problem to their satisfaction. I also compensate them for their inconvenience if needed also.
19. Whats worse…not reaching a goal every month or not having happy customers.
Not having happy customers is definitely the worse of the two. A happy customer will bring referrals and repeat business but an unhappy customer can spell doom as they will spread the word about being unhappy both in person and on social media.
20. If you were a potential client/customer what would you want to hear about your business, products or services?
I would want to know what makes them different from the other company, do they have products that fit my current needs and do they guarantee their products
21. Do you have a website? If so, please post it
22. Do you have photos of products so others can view what you offer?
A few are attached
23. Please tell us anything you feel is important for others to know about your business or service. Feel free to share an information that might help others decide to join you r purchase from you.
Our unique and diverse products are designed to solve problems and help you enjoy a more efficient lifestyle. We hope we are able to save you money too.
We have several options available for those that would like to start their own Makeup Eraser business with a FREE starter option as well as several starter kits available. You receive a Free personal website, 50% discount, up to 40% profit and free training.
24. How can someone contact you if they are interested in a service or product you offer?
Home – Makeup Eraser, LLC
25. Is there anything else you would like to add about your business, service or products?